Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Pair of Dangling Blue Earrings


This is for Amma, who shares my love for earrings.

It's so easy to get lost in a distant land
I just realized a little while ago
A little like getting stuck in quicksand
Like a boatman who doesn't know how to row.
No sense of direction, losing sight of the goal...
As reality strikes, the "adventure" seems to fade
A sense of blind fear and panic grips my soul...
But a pair of dangling blue earrings comes to my aid.

It was a vain desire, a childish whim
But I never thought I'd get that earring pair.
So my heart, with happiness began to brim
When Amma, far away, said, "Got something, with you, to share!"
Thanks to the blessing of the webcam, I could see
Her pulling out a pair of dangling blue earrings!
And then I saw her dreams for me
I saw faith, hope and confidence that love brings!

Amma, I will not allow any obstacle to come my way
Distracting me, causing me to sway,
I will strive hard to bring you honour and pride,
Those dangling blue earrings by my side...

2 comments:

  1. If the danglers symbolize faith,hope and confidence, i'll assure you tones of it sruthi. You have always made us proud and may the almighty God bless u and guide you to realize your dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Pair of Dangling Blue Earrings


This is for Amma, who shares my love for earrings.

It's so easy to get lost in a distant land
I just realized a little while ago
A little like getting stuck in quicksand
Like a boatman who doesn't know how to row.
No sense of direction, losing sight of the goal...
As reality strikes, the "adventure" seems to fade
A sense of blind fear and panic grips my soul...
But a pair of dangling blue earrings comes to my aid.

It was a vain desire, a childish whim
But I never thought I'd get that earring pair.
So my heart, with happiness began to brim
When Amma, far away, said, "Got something, with you, to share!"
Thanks to the blessing of the webcam, I could see
Her pulling out a pair of dangling blue earrings!
And then I saw her dreams for me
I saw faith, hope and confidence that love brings!

Amma, I will not allow any obstacle to come my way
Distracting me, causing me to sway,
I will strive hard to bring you honour and pride,
Those dangling blue earrings by my side...

2 comments:

  1. If the danglers symbolize faith,hope and confidence, i'll assure you tones of it sruthi. You have always made us proud and may the almighty God bless u and guide you to realize your dreams.

    ReplyDelete