Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tevye and God

Today was a long, hectic day at NUS B School. Not a particularly happy one either, thanks to which I spent quite some time in worry. Which led me to question God. Which in turn made me remember Tevye's chats with God, in Fiddler on the Roof. Which promptly made me laugh and forget the worry, at least temporarily. :D

And here are some of those wonderfully funny monologues:

'Sometimes I wonder, when it gets too quiet up there, if You are thinking, "What kind of mischief can I play on My friend Tevye?" '

'It may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm not. After all, with Your help, I'm starving to death. Oh, dear Lord. You made many many poor people. I realize, of course, it's no shame to be poor... but it's no great honor either. So what would be so terrible... if I had a small fortune?'

'Am I bothering You too much? I'm sorry. As the good book says... aaahh, why should I tell You what the Good Book says?

And once again, I'm drawing inspiration from Tevye, the milkman! I shall survive, no matter what. Go away, stupid worries. You don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tevye and God

Today was a long, hectic day at NUS B School. Not a particularly happy one either, thanks to which I spent quite some time in worry. Which led me to question God. Which in turn made me remember Tevye's chats with God, in Fiddler on the Roof. Which promptly made me laugh and forget the worry, at least temporarily. :D

And here are some of those wonderfully funny monologues:

'Sometimes I wonder, when it gets too quiet up there, if You are thinking, "What kind of mischief can I play on My friend Tevye?" '

'It may sound like I'm complaining, but I'm not. After all, with Your help, I'm starving to death. Oh, dear Lord. You made many many poor people. I realize, of course, it's no shame to be poor... but it's no great honor either. So what would be so terrible... if I had a small fortune?'

'Am I bothering You too much? I'm sorry. As the good book says... aaahh, why should I tell You what the Good Book says?

And once again, I'm drawing inspiration from Tevye, the milkman! I shall survive, no matter what. Go away, stupid worries. You don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment