Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dusk

(Written while trying to derive some inspiration for an all nighter)

As the veil of darkness
Slowly hides the blue vastness of the skies,
As the first stars of the night appear,
Along with the slight silhouette of the moon,
A sense of loss engulfs me.
Loneliness.
Regret.
Silence.
And another day has gone by.
But the sun hasn't vanished yet.
It's spreading light in other faraway places.
It will return tomorrow.
Light.
Hope.
Joy.
The promise of another day.
The sun shall indeed return.

P.S The all nighter plan was a flop as usual. But the inspiration lasted. :)

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my first poem which I attempted in 7th standard.It was just one line "Dawn Dusks Dusk Dawns" :)

    ReplyDelete

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dusk

(Written while trying to derive some inspiration for an all nighter)

As the veil of darkness
Slowly hides the blue vastness of the skies,
As the first stars of the night appear,
Along with the slight silhouette of the moon,
A sense of loss engulfs me.
Loneliness.
Regret.
Silence.
And another day has gone by.
But the sun hasn't vanished yet.
It's spreading light in other faraway places.
It will return tomorrow.
Light.
Hope.
Joy.
The promise of another day.
The sun shall indeed return.

P.S The all nighter plan was a flop as usual. But the inspiration lasted. :)

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my first poem which I attempted in 7th standard.It was just one line "Dawn Dusks Dusk Dawns" :)

    ReplyDelete