Monday, April 4, 2011

Embrace

Mother, bestow me with Your grace,
May I always be worthy of Your embrace
May I see You in everything around me
In the twinkling of stars
In the glimmer of the full moon
In the silent stillness of dawn
In the sunrise, a new day born
In the dancing of waves
In the smiles of little children
In the fragrance of the incense sticks
In the call of the muezzin to prayer
In the peal of church bells on a Sunday morning
In the Sanskrit mantras I try hard to chant
In the mirth of success
In the misery of disappointment
In the struggle for survival...
May it all remind me of Your grace
And may I always be worthy of Your embrace

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful prayer :) May Amma always be there with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And with you also. namah shivaya! :)

    ReplyDelete

Monday, April 4, 2011

Embrace

Mother, bestow me with Your grace,
May I always be worthy of Your embrace
May I see You in everything around me
In the twinkling of stars
In the glimmer of the full moon
In the silent stillness of dawn
In the sunrise, a new day born
In the dancing of waves
In the smiles of little children
In the fragrance of the incense sticks
In the call of the muezzin to prayer
In the peal of church bells on a Sunday morning
In the Sanskrit mantras I try hard to chant
In the mirth of success
In the misery of disappointment
In the struggle for survival...
May it all remind me of Your grace
And may I always be worthy of Your embrace

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful prayer :) May Amma always be there with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And with you also. namah shivaya! :)

    ReplyDelete