Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gyan at 2.30 AM

It's 2.30 AM and I'm sitting in the common lounge, trying hard to stay awake and study. This is my idea of taking a break. I was thinking about the immensity of the workload in front of me the whole day. I was so overwhelmed I didn't even want to start working on it. Time passed and by the end of the afternoon, I realized I hadn't done much. So as the evening wore on, I decided to stay up and do as much as I could, no matter what.

In order to motivate myself, I tried to imagine that everything I did would be of great significance- thus I would definitely put in my best efforts. Attitude makes all the difference- I could have been indifferent and ignored the homework, pretending as if I had been busy the whole week. But I chose not to. And secondly, I decided to take it one step at a time. Step by step, towards my goal. Rome wasn't built in a day!

So what gyan do I have to offer at this point in time? 'Act as if everything you do makes a difference- It does!' Here's to a hopefully productive week! (and staying awake) :)

2 comments:

  1. One thing at a time and conquering milestones instead of an entire mountain :) I have heard this somewhere !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you only quoted this to me a long time ago! I know your mind voice must be saying. 'Aaha, suryanike torch light aa?!' :D

    ReplyDelete

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gyan at 2.30 AM

It's 2.30 AM and I'm sitting in the common lounge, trying hard to stay awake and study. This is my idea of taking a break. I was thinking about the immensity of the workload in front of me the whole day. I was so overwhelmed I didn't even want to start working on it. Time passed and by the end of the afternoon, I realized I hadn't done much. So as the evening wore on, I decided to stay up and do as much as I could, no matter what.

In order to motivate myself, I tried to imagine that everything I did would be of great significance- thus I would definitely put in my best efforts. Attitude makes all the difference- I could have been indifferent and ignored the homework, pretending as if I had been busy the whole week. But I chose not to. And secondly, I decided to take it one step at a time. Step by step, towards my goal. Rome wasn't built in a day!

So what gyan do I have to offer at this point in time? 'Act as if everything you do makes a difference- It does!' Here's to a hopefully productive week! (and staying awake) :)

2 comments:

  1. One thing at a time and conquering milestones instead of an entire mountain :) I have heard this somewhere !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you only quoted this to me a long time ago! I know your mind voice must be saying. 'Aaha, suryanike torch light aa?!' :D

    ReplyDelete