Sunday, October 16, 2011

My First Blogger Award!

Yay! I was given the ‘Your Blog is Great/Tell me about yourself’ Award by Spaceman Spiff whose marvelous blog I've been following for the past few days. Thank you so much Spiff! :) This is my first blogger award and I'm so glad that my blog is actually readable!

The award requires me to list seven random things about myself. I have already written 10 so-called secrets about myself here but I never miss an opportunity to talk about myself! Yes, sounds like Gilderoy Lockhart right? Anyway, here goes!

1) I have a lot of random conversations with myself and with God. I often imagine scenarios in my head (those that probably never occur), where I say some of the wittiest and funniest things, making me the centre of everyone's attention. Or I imagine incidents from my past where I could have said something witty/sarcastic, but didn't.
In my conversations with God, I talk to Him/Her like I would to a friend. Ever watched the Malayalam movie Nandanam? My conversations with God are somewhat like how Balamani, the protagonist, talks to God, just like a friend. In the same way as Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof. One of my favorites- Tevye looks up to the heavens and says to God, "Sometimes I wonder, when it gets too quiet up there, if You are thinking, What kind of mischief can I play on My friend Tevye?"
That being said, I sometimes think God is exactly like us, which of course is not the case. For instance, I had promised myself that I would go today for my Sunday prayers/satsang at Little India. The prayers start at 8, meaning I should be out of my campus by 6.45 in the morning, and today was one of those wretched days where I missed the alarm and woke at 7.50! I decided to quickly shower and take a cab, so that I could at least go for the last part of the prayers. Woe betide me! I couldn't even flag down a taxi. At 8.35 I decided to give up and trudged back to my room, dejected. You might ask, why? I somehow felt that if I missed the prayers due to laziness, my whole week wouldn't turn out the way I wanted it to. A little like God seeking revenge. I called Amma and she said, 'Edi idiot, how can you even think God will be like us? Only we think such petty things!' Of course, God is one of my closest friends, but I should realize that He/She is above everything!

2) I love scarecrows. I don't know why but I think they are incredibly cute. Maybe it has something to do with the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz:
'Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?'

3) I simply do not appreciate 'ppl hu tok lyk dis'. I often have a hard time trying to decipher what they actually mean.

4) I am slightly superstitious. Not the oh no! black cat crossed my path types, but I do have 'lucky' earrings for examinations. Quite stupid, really. I'm trying to grow out of this. *sheepish grin*

5) For my second birthday, my parents decided to call all their friends home to celebrate two years of their brat's ponnu mol's existence on the planet. I thanked them all for their presence by hugging the cake and refusing to share it with anyone.

6) I love, love, love Cadbury's Crunchie. 'Chocolate with golden honeycombed centre'. See, even the description is so yummy!

7) I'm Little Miss Chatterbox (okay, maybe not-so-little), but yes, I have a tendency to keep talking. I can talk about anything under the sun. :D

Alright, now I'm supposed to give away the award to other bloggers. *clearing voice grandly* I hereby bestow the award upon a few bloggers whom I have been reading ever since I entered the blogging realm:

Swetha - Howzzat
Karthi etta (my cousin) - Technical Philosopher
Nav - Words Are All I Have
Dhanya chechi (another cousin)- Travel Stories and More
Vijaya ma'am (My teacher from high school) - A4ISMS
Jyo - Lost in Translation

Of late, I've noticed, blogging makes me so much happier! It's been a really good stress buster at university :)

7 comments:

  1. Hey Krishna, very nice read... felt really nice knowing more bout u :)

    Hey I too love Cadbury's Crunchie n I hv a lucky shirt fr for special occasions :)

    Nice one, Kris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I almost forgot... n congrats on the award!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congos on ur first bloggging award! You deserve it! And thanks a ton for tagging me.....! Keep up the good work! You've got a keen follower in me.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lucky colour fixation- I try as much as possible to wear green for all important occassions. I don't really know if it works, but it's fixed in my head now. :)
    And number 5 is priceless! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first award! Hope you keep blogging for a long time. Oh, I do that too, imagine scenarios from the past and think of amazing things I could have said or done. And I'm always half my size and ravishingly beautiful in these imaginations. Hehe, silly no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I have my "lucky" chain as well, I feel it gives me an extra edge :P
    Congrats and keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Raj, thank you so much! And cool,you like Crunchie too! :D

    @Swetha, thanks a lot! I'm a keen follower of your blog as well- you know what, we should meet when I come back to Coimbatore soon!

    @Spiff, I've got a lucky color too- purple!! And hahaa, my parents' will never forget that day! :)

    @Sumitra, Thank you so much! So glad that am not the only one who has these rather grand notions about the self :D

    @Dhanya chech, thank you so much! I got my love for earrings and chains from you after all, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Sunday, October 16, 2011

My First Blogger Award!

Yay! I was given the ‘Your Blog is Great/Tell me about yourself’ Award by Spaceman Spiff whose marvelous blog I've been following for the past few days. Thank you so much Spiff! :) This is my first blogger award and I'm so glad that my blog is actually readable!

The award requires me to list seven random things about myself. I have already written 10 so-called secrets about myself here but I never miss an opportunity to talk about myself! Yes, sounds like Gilderoy Lockhart right? Anyway, here goes!

1) I have a lot of random conversations with myself and with God. I often imagine scenarios in my head (those that probably never occur), where I say some of the wittiest and funniest things, making me the centre of everyone's attention. Or I imagine incidents from my past where I could have said something witty/sarcastic, but didn't.
In my conversations with God, I talk to Him/Her like I would to a friend. Ever watched the Malayalam movie Nandanam? My conversations with God are somewhat like how Balamani, the protagonist, talks to God, just like a friend. In the same way as Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof. One of my favorites- Tevye looks up to the heavens and says to God, "Sometimes I wonder, when it gets too quiet up there, if You are thinking, What kind of mischief can I play on My friend Tevye?"
That being said, I sometimes think God is exactly like us, which of course is not the case. For instance, I had promised myself that I would go today for my Sunday prayers/satsang at Little India. The prayers start at 8, meaning I should be out of my campus by 6.45 in the morning, and today was one of those wretched days where I missed the alarm and woke at 7.50! I decided to quickly shower and take a cab, so that I could at least go for the last part of the prayers. Woe betide me! I couldn't even flag down a taxi. At 8.35 I decided to give up and trudged back to my room, dejected. You might ask, why? I somehow felt that if I missed the prayers due to laziness, my whole week wouldn't turn out the way I wanted it to. A little like God seeking revenge. I called Amma and she said, 'Edi idiot, how can you even think God will be like us? Only we think such petty things!' Of course, God is one of my closest friends, but I should realize that He/She is above everything!

2) I love scarecrows. I don't know why but I think they are incredibly cute. Maybe it has something to do with the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz:
'Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
Scarecrow: I don't know. But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking, don't they?'

3) I simply do not appreciate 'ppl hu tok lyk dis'. I often have a hard time trying to decipher what they actually mean.

4) I am slightly superstitious. Not the oh no! black cat crossed my path types, but I do have 'lucky' earrings for examinations. Quite stupid, really. I'm trying to grow out of this. *sheepish grin*

5) For my second birthday, my parents decided to call all their friends home to celebrate two years of their brat's ponnu mol's existence on the planet. I thanked them all for their presence by hugging the cake and refusing to share it with anyone.

6) I love, love, love Cadbury's Crunchie. 'Chocolate with golden honeycombed centre'. See, even the description is so yummy!

7) I'm Little Miss Chatterbox (okay, maybe not-so-little), but yes, I have a tendency to keep talking. I can talk about anything under the sun. :D

Alright, now I'm supposed to give away the award to other bloggers. *clearing voice grandly* I hereby bestow the award upon a few bloggers whom I have been reading ever since I entered the blogging realm:

Swetha - Howzzat
Karthi etta (my cousin) - Technical Philosopher
Nav - Words Are All I Have
Dhanya chechi (another cousin)- Travel Stories and More
Vijaya ma'am (My teacher from high school) - A4ISMS
Jyo - Lost in Translation

Of late, I've noticed, blogging makes me so much happier! It's been a really good stress buster at university :)

7 comments:

  1. Hey Krishna, very nice read... felt really nice knowing more bout u :)

    Hey I too love Cadbury's Crunchie n I hv a lucky shirt fr for special occasions :)

    Nice one, Kris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I almost forgot... n congrats on the award!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congos on ur first bloggging award! You deserve it! And thanks a ton for tagging me.....! Keep up the good work! You've got a keen follower in me.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a lucky colour fixation- I try as much as possible to wear green for all important occassions. I don't really know if it works, but it's fixed in my head now. :)
    And number 5 is priceless! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first award! Hope you keep blogging for a long time. Oh, I do that too, imagine scenarios from the past and think of amazing things I could have said or done. And I'm always half my size and ravishingly beautiful in these imaginations. Hehe, silly no?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I have my "lucky" chain as well, I feel it gives me an extra edge :P
    Congrats and keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Raj, thank you so much! And cool,you like Crunchie too! :D

    @Swetha, thanks a lot! I'm a keen follower of your blog as well- you know what, we should meet when I come back to Coimbatore soon!

    @Spiff, I've got a lucky color too- purple!! And hahaa, my parents' will never forget that day! :)

    @Sumitra, Thank you so much! So glad that am not the only one who has these rather grand notions about the self :D

    @Dhanya chech, thank you so much! I got my love for earrings and chains from you after all, lol!

    ReplyDelete