Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Fibonacci Sonnet

Vijaya Ma'am had shared a link for a new concept of creative writing known as the Fibonacci Sonnet on facebook yesterday. As soon as I saw it, I was really excited and I've been literally itching to write one myself. So I wrote on the one thing currently plaguing my mind- exams. By the way, a Fibonacci Sonnet is a two paragraph long story, that makes use of the Fibonacci Series. For example, the first sentence consists of one word. The next also has just one word. Then, three words. Followed by five, eight, thirteen and twenty-one. The second paragraph follows in the other order. Just remember 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 and then the reverse . You can find out more here. So here goes my first ever Fibonacci Sonnet...

Exams. Tension. Endless worry. Semester after semester. A few hours decide everything. Walking out of the hall, with a frown. Blinking away frustrated tears, trying hard not to discuss the paper with others. Praying for a miracle and then trying to forget the past and move on- this won’t mean anything five years later.

Surely, all my efforts will not be thrown down the drain, fading into a long forgotten distant corner of Memory Lane. I have done my best; that is all that matters in the end. There is more to me than my grades. Everything will settle down, eventually. It always does. Keep calm. Believe. Trust.

3 comments:

  1. brilliant idea.. i need to try this..!!! numbers have always fascinated me :) i am going to try this as soon as am done with my tests :)

    P.S : the series is 1,1,2,3,5,8.. the sonnet is correct but you have missed the no. 2 in the series above :)

    cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This sounds brilliant. I don't know what deserves praise. The Fibonacci Sonnet method of writing or just your way of making use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nick, thanks a lot! It's super fun! :D Oh, yup just noticed that I had missed the 2 in the series- my bad. Am correcting it now. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

    @Lakshmi, thanks a lot! :) Really appreciate your reading my posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Fibonacci Sonnet

Vijaya Ma'am had shared a link for a new concept of creative writing known as the Fibonacci Sonnet on facebook yesterday. As soon as I saw it, I was really excited and I've been literally itching to write one myself. So I wrote on the one thing currently plaguing my mind- exams. By the way, a Fibonacci Sonnet is a two paragraph long story, that makes use of the Fibonacci Series. For example, the first sentence consists of one word. The next also has just one word. Then, three words. Followed by five, eight, thirteen and twenty-one. The second paragraph follows in the other order. Just remember 1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 and then the reverse . You can find out more here. So here goes my first ever Fibonacci Sonnet...

Exams. Tension. Endless worry. Semester after semester. A few hours decide everything. Walking out of the hall, with a frown. Blinking away frustrated tears, trying hard not to discuss the paper with others. Praying for a miracle and then trying to forget the past and move on- this won’t mean anything five years later.

Surely, all my efforts will not be thrown down the drain, fading into a long forgotten distant corner of Memory Lane. I have done my best; that is all that matters in the end. There is more to me than my grades. Everything will settle down, eventually. It always does. Keep calm. Believe. Trust.

3 comments:

  1. brilliant idea.. i need to try this..!!! numbers have always fascinated me :) i am going to try this as soon as am done with my tests :)

    P.S : the series is 1,1,2,3,5,8.. the sonnet is correct but you have missed the no. 2 in the series above :)

    cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This sounds brilliant. I don't know what deserves praise. The Fibonacci Sonnet method of writing or just your way of making use of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Nick, thanks a lot! It's super fun! :D Oh, yup just noticed that I had missed the 2 in the series- my bad. Am correcting it now. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

    @Lakshmi, thanks a lot! :) Really appreciate your reading my posts!

    ReplyDelete