Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Karpoora Deepam

I'm going through a horrible, hectic week. Loads of deadlines, tests and presentations and my stress levels are at an all time high. But I suddenly remembered a bhajan that my cousin used to sing, and the words brought a lot of comfort to me. I don't know why, but I feel much happier after listening to it, despite the mountain that looms ahead of me.

Karpoora deepam thozhuthu nilkumbol
Ullathil engo nyaan mohichu
Amme devi, amrita varshini
Karpooram aayirunengil
Nyaan aa karpooram aayirunengil...

Here's a rough translation:
As I prayed before the lamps, filled with burning camphor, I found myself wishing that I was the camphor in the lamp... (Gosh, it is hard to translate!)
I consider the camphor to be a symbol of surrender. It burns itself in the fire and thus completely vanishes. In a similar vein, I shall seek refuge in the Lord and surrender to His Will.
And so, I shall continue my climb. :)

*Image courtesy Google

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Karpoora Deepam

I'm going through a horrible, hectic week. Loads of deadlines, tests and presentations and my stress levels are at an all time high. But I suddenly remembered a bhajan that my cousin used to sing, and the words brought a lot of comfort to me. I don't know why, but I feel much happier after listening to it, despite the mountain that looms ahead of me.

Karpoora deepam thozhuthu nilkumbol
Ullathil engo nyaan mohichu
Amme devi, amrita varshini
Karpooram aayirunengil
Nyaan aa karpooram aayirunengil...

Here's a rough translation:
As I prayed before the lamps, filled with burning camphor, I found myself wishing that I was the camphor in the lamp... (Gosh, it is hard to translate!)
I consider the camphor to be a symbol of surrender. It burns itself in the fire and thus completely vanishes. In a similar vein, I shall seek refuge in the Lord and surrender to His Will.
And so, I shall continue my climb. :)

*Image courtesy Google

No comments:

Post a Comment