Thursday, December 15, 2011

Plump Cake

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat. Please put a penny in the old man's hat... The lines of this carol have been stuck in my head for quite some time now. Apt indeed, given that the festival is only ten days away. The ubiquitous red Santa hats and plastic green Christmas trees that line the shelves of the supermarkets seem a tad incongruous in this land of sand and sunshine, but I definitely do not deny that they do add to the festive spirit.

And what better way to celebrate the season other than indulging in plump, err I mean Plum Cake! The other day I went to the supermarket with Amma and to our delight we saw a collection of absolutely delectable plum cakes. Christmas has always been synonymous with plum cake at home. Needless to say, we brought home a small cake so as not to hurt our guilty consciences and voila! It was over before you could even say The geese are getting fat.



We will be going back to the supermarket soon... to get a bigger cake this time. The person who said 'Anything good in life is either illegal, imm
oral or fattening' must have been truly erudite.

*Image courtesy
nemausa.wordpress.com

2 comments:

  1. Plum cake is a Christmas tradition in my family too, dates right back to my Grandfather who used to get it for my Grandma. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi five sumitra! I, for one, can never get enough of plum cake. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Plump Cake

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat. Please put a penny in the old man's hat... The lines of this carol have been stuck in my head for quite some time now. Apt indeed, given that the festival is only ten days away. The ubiquitous red Santa hats and plastic green Christmas trees that line the shelves of the supermarkets seem a tad incongruous in this land of sand and sunshine, but I definitely do not deny that they do add to the festive spirit.

And what better way to celebrate the season other than indulging in plump, err I mean Plum Cake! The other day I went to the supermarket with Amma and to our delight we saw a collection of absolutely delectable plum cakes. Christmas has always been synonymous with plum cake at home. Needless to say, we brought home a small cake so as not to hurt our guilty consciences and voila! It was over before you could even say The geese are getting fat.



We will be going back to the supermarket soon... to get a bigger cake this time. The person who said 'Anything good in life is either illegal, imm
oral or fattening' must have been truly erudite.

*Image courtesy
nemausa.wordpress.com

2 comments:

  1. Plum cake is a Christmas tradition in my family too, dates right back to my Grandfather who used to get it for my Grandma. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi five sumitra! I, for one, can never get enough of plum cake. :D

    ReplyDelete