Monday, April 9, 2012

Book List

A random trip to the university co-op store has triggered this post. I spent nearly 20 minutes in the co-op, forgetting why I went there in the first place, because I came across some really good books. Since I'm oh-so-busy right now, I'll just make a list of the books I'd like to read some day. Some of them are right here on the bookshelf next to my study desk. Some, I'll have to beg and borrow from others or the library. Shall keep updating this. So here goes.

Luka and the Fire of Life Salman Rushdie
House of Blue Mangoes David Davidar
Life of Pi Yann Martel
Temptations of the West Pankaj Mishra
The Memory Keeper's Daughter Kim Edwards
City of Djinns William Dalrymple
The Hundred Secret Senses Amy Tan
The Emerald Route RK Narayan
How Starbucks Saved my Life Michael Gates Gill
Amma and Me Manoharan
The Kitchen God's Wife Amy Tan
The Joy Luck Club Amy Tan
The Shiva Trilogy Series Amish Tripathi. (Please please please I need to find someone willing to lend this book to me! I've searched everywhere, but haven't found it yet!)
Reading Lolita in Tehran Azar Nafisi
Jonathan Livingston Seagull Richard Bach
Sea of Poppies Amitav Ghosh
Murder on the Orient Express Agatha Christie (The problem with her books is that after a while they all seem the same to you. But, I've heard this one is special!)
The Legends of Khasak OV Vijayan
The Fifth Mountain Paulo Coelho
Tuesdays with Morrie Mitch Albom
Norwegian Wood Haruki Murakami


Oh well, I could go on, I suppose. But I cannot remember the rest of the books that I've been wanting to read at some point or the other. Will update this as and when I remember. Now, please excuse me since I need to go wash the dabba in which I packed my dinner, and then study ALL NIGHT LONG. I CAN DO THIS!

2 comments:

  1. I NEEDED this. I REALLY did! :O
    But the problem is, I don't have a library near my place. Which means I'll have to buy all my books from now on. Waaaa! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I hate it when you simply cannot find the books you need! :/ But, that's a good excuse to go shopping for books! I LOVE going to book stores and spending hours together there :) But I do agree, books can be quite expensive. *sigh*
      Hope you get your books soon, ruhani!
      Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete

Monday, April 9, 2012

Book List

A random trip to the university co-op store has triggered this post. I spent nearly 20 minutes in the co-op, forgetting why I went there in the first place, because I came across some really good books. Since I'm oh-so-busy right now, I'll just make a list of the books I'd like to read some day. Some of them are right here on the bookshelf next to my study desk. Some, I'll have to beg and borrow from others or the library. Shall keep updating this. So here goes.

Luka and the Fire of Life Salman Rushdie
House of Blue Mangoes David Davidar
Life of Pi Yann Martel
Temptations of the West Pankaj Mishra
The Memory Keeper's Daughter Kim Edwards
City of Djinns William Dalrymple
The Hundred Secret Senses Amy Tan
The Emerald Route RK Narayan
How Starbucks Saved my Life Michael Gates Gill
Amma and Me Manoharan
The Kitchen God's Wife Amy Tan
The Joy Luck Club Amy Tan
The Shiva Trilogy Series Amish Tripathi. (Please please please I need to find someone willing to lend this book to me! I've searched everywhere, but haven't found it yet!)
Reading Lolita in Tehran Azar Nafisi
Jonathan Livingston Seagull Richard Bach
Sea of Poppies Amitav Ghosh
Murder on the Orient Express Agatha Christie (The problem with her books is that after a while they all seem the same to you. But, I've heard this one is special!)
The Legends of Khasak OV Vijayan
The Fifth Mountain Paulo Coelho
Tuesdays with Morrie Mitch Albom
Norwegian Wood Haruki Murakami


Oh well, I could go on, I suppose. But I cannot remember the rest of the books that I've been wanting to read at some point or the other. Will update this as and when I remember. Now, please excuse me since I need to go wash the dabba in which I packed my dinner, and then study ALL NIGHT LONG. I CAN DO THIS!

2 comments:

  1. I NEEDED this. I REALLY did! :O
    But the problem is, I don't have a library near my place. Which means I'll have to buy all my books from now on. Waaaa! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I hate it when you simply cannot find the books you need! :/ But, that's a good excuse to go shopping for books! I LOVE going to book stores and spending hours together there :) But I do agree, books can be quite expensive. *sigh*
      Hope you get your books soon, ruhani!
      Thanks for dropping by. :)

      Delete