Sunday, May 31, 2015

Paper Boat

Nothing compared to Tagore's masterpiece, but here is my humble version on the paper boat.


Paper Boat
Carefully crafted
From the torn page.
Of a used notebook.
I set it afloat
The river Kalpaathy.
Women washing clothes
On stone slabs,
Kolams on wet ground,
Madisaar and the twinkle
Of a diamond nose stud
Old men clad in
Starched white veshtis
Discuss communism and communalism.
I watch as the paper boat
Floats, slowly drifting away
From this land so familiar to me.
Twinge of sadness
Our paths will never cross again.
What will it meet on its
Winding journey to join the Great Ocean?
I stare at it, till my eyes can see no further;
It is now just a speck in the vast horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Paper Boat

Nothing compared to Tagore's masterpiece, but here is my humble version on the paper boat.


Paper Boat
Carefully crafted
From the torn page.
Of a used notebook.
I set it afloat
The river Kalpaathy.
Women washing clothes
On stone slabs,
Kolams on wet ground,
Madisaar and the twinkle
Of a diamond nose stud
Old men clad in
Starched white veshtis
Discuss communism and communalism.
I watch as the paper boat
Floats, slowly drifting away
From this land so familiar to me.
Twinge of sadness
Our paths will never cross again.
What will it meet on its
Winding journey to join the Great Ocean?
I stare at it, till my eyes can see no further;
It is now just a speck in the vast horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment